Rules and Regulations:
1. The Greenbelts are considered nature areas and not parks.
2. Alterations and / or modifications including digging, addition of man-made material, cutting of trees and flora, graffiti, construction of Motor Cross Trails, bicycle racing tracks, forts, etc are prohibited.
3. Motorized vehicles are prohibited, except vehicles necessary for maintenance and security as specifically authorized by the Board of Directors.
4. Dumping of trash, grass clippings, garbage, litter, etc. on Greenbelt property is strictly forbidden.
5. Owners of property adjoining the Greenbelts may clear Greenbelt property of trees and undergrowth with “trunk” diameter of less than two inches for a distance of 3 feet from their personal property line but any construction or altering of contour will not be allowed. Similarly, such owners may clear a single pathway not more than 3 feet in width between their property and the hard-surfaced Greenbelt, however, such pathways shall not be paved or edged with logs, stones, etc.
6. Fences along the major thoroughfares are Greenbelt property and members who cause damage and /or accelerated deterioration of these fences will be held accountable.
7. Use or possession of guns (BB guns, pellet guns, etc.) and other unsafe activities such as lighting fires on the Greenbelts are prohibited.
8. Dogs and other animals on the Greenbelts must be leashed.
9. Members will be billed for the cost of correction / elimination of any unauthorized alterations of Green-belt property and / or any other violation that can be traced to a specific property owner or his / her dependants or guests.
10. The Greenbelt Trails are closed after dark.
South Woodland Hills Park
South Woodland Hills Village Community Association has been exploring adding a four table picnic pavilion to an area near the South Woodland Hills Pool. This project has involved several years of planning and working with contractors and the City of Houston permitting department.
This amenity will be constructed and maintained by the SWHVCA in cooperation with the Woodland Hills Village Trails Association. The design is similar to the pavilion at Deer Ridge Park.
Construction began on the picnic pavilion in the Fall of 2018. It will be similar in size to the one in the last photo at Deer Ridge park. We hope to have this new amenity completed before the end of December.
South Woodland Hills Pavilion
The pavilion is a laminated wood shelter manufactured by Enwood Structures with shingles to match the existing community buildings.
Deer Ridge Pavilion